Sunday, February 16, 2014

Zucchini Sticks and Red Pepper Pesto

I made these zucchini sticks with red pepper pesto last week and thought I'd share this quick and yummy recipe.  While the pesto sauce isn't gluten free, I did use gluten free bread crumbs.  (I am really trying to be gluten free, whenever possible)

Ingredients:
1 zucchini (med-large size), peeled and cut into sticks
bread crumbs, 1-2 cups
1 egg
roasted red pepper pesto sauce


The Cibo Organic Roasted Red Pepper Pesto from Costco is kind of amazing.  One of my friends on Facebook felt the need to share how wonderful it was and I was so glad she did.  There are so many things you can do with it and it's quite tasty!

You can probably guess what to do with these ingredients, but I'll take you through it...
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Coat the zucchini sticks in egg and then dip in a bowl with the bread crumbs.  Place the breaded zucchini on a baking sheet with parchment paper.  (I use parchment paper a LOT.  It keeps the mess and cleaning to a minimum and you don't need to use oil.  Win-Win, if you ask me.)

Bake sticks for about 15-20 min.  You don't want to overcook.  Take them out and serve with pesto sauce.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS