Saturday, February 15, 2014

Oh Snow! Post Valentine's Day Lunch ❤️

This weather...can you even believe it?!  If you are pretty much anywhere on the east coast, with the exception of Florida, you know what I'm talking about.  The last several days in Northern Virginia, we were hit with between 12-15 inches or more of that fluffy white stuff.  I love snow more than most but I've got to say, I think I'm over it now.

Along with the chilly temperature, I've been trying my best to get rid of a bad cold/virus so I really wasn't up for going out for dinner on Valentine's Day.  Today, we got a reprieve....both from the snow AND my cold.  My husband and I decided to go to Upperville for Brunch.  If you are in "hunt country" and want a great place to eat and drink, Hunter's Head Tavern is for you.  It had been many years since I was last there and today I was reminded how much I love it.  Hunter's Head Tavern is a completely charming British tavern about 3 miles from Middleburg, Virginia.  The staff is friendly and welcoming.  The food was great.  I had a crab cake because it was a special but my next visit, I'm embracing my Scottish roots and going for the Bangers & Mash.   We shared the "staff favorite" dessert, lemon pound cake with a lavender glaze.  It's now my favorite!

We had a great lunch near a roaring fire and walked around Middleburg afterwards.  It was a lovely afternoon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS