Saturday, February 22, 2014

Spring Forward


As if the weather today in Northern Virginia wasn't enough to get excited about (for those of you in other areas, we actually saw the sun in the DC area AND it was over 60 degrees - big improvement!), the spring lines from Kate Spade, Tory Burch and Lilly Pulitzer are have gotten me jumping up and down!

Let's start with Lilly...
Since I sold my shop  in 2009, I have not been overjoyed with a lot of the looks.  This is not to say that I haven't purchased anything since then, but if I'm going to be honest, there was more than one occasion that I went to a Lilly shop with the intent to purchase and walked out empty handed.  There was nothing I really "had to have".  I felt like they moved too far away from the classic Lilly style and I wasn't in love with a lot of their offerings.  While I did enjoy some of the prints, I didn't not enjoy the neon colors (what was up with that?!).   I feel they were trying too hard to attract a younger crowd without realizing that the younger crowd that loves Lilly - are part of a group that loves classic style and they don't need to change a thing.  Case in point, my daughter is 18 years old and when she saw the new looks for spring, she was overjoyed!




Meanwhile, Kate Spade & Tory Burch are feeding my need for Parisian Flair!

Tory Burch


Kate Spade

At the end of last year, my kids got me the Rosetta Stone for learning the French language ~ something that was on my bucket list.  I'm determined to conquer the language and then plan a family vacation to Paris.  Thanks to Kate Spade & Tory Burch, I feel like I'll be one step closer!  Oui Oui!

What are your favorite looks for Spring '14?

4 comments:

  1. Love the floral vine shirt. Looks like I could disguise my bulging tummy! I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - me too! One more thing we have in common, Katie! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the Lilly shift dress! I am so excited for spring to get here!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lauren! I don't know that I've ever looked so forward to Spring as I do this year! :)

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS