Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Spring Break!

It's hard to believe I'm thinking about spring break so soon but my son's spring break is at the end of this week!  To say that I'm excited for this is an understatement for sure.  I absolutely adore both of my kids!

My son is in his senior year of college at a school in Virginia - about 3 1/2 hours away from home. He's a psychology major and if we paid him to go to school for forever, that would probably be perfectly fine with him.  He loves studying/researching/learning.  He's planning on moving to Japan after college and took a semester off of school to get privately tutored in Japanese.  Needless to say, knowing that he will be leaving the country within the next two years, I'm anxious to spend any time I can with him.  We are very different but I have such an appreciation for the insightful person that he is.

Unfortunately, my daughter's spring break is the following week.  (You'd think all colleges could just agree on one week to have spring break, wouldn't you?!)  She transferred as a freshman to a school in South Carolina in January, about 8 hrs away from home (sigh!)  Since her brother has not yet seen her new campus, we've decided to take a road trip to visit her and bring her back for her spring break.  Unlike her brother, she & I are very similar...and so close that this year has been a big adjustment for both of us.

the son

the daughter (aka - the ballerina)
If you have college kids, what are your plans for their spring break?  It's likely right around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS