Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's All in A Name

The following is a post from my blog that never quite got off the ground, "A Grateful Heart":

     As I mentioned in my first post, this is not my first time attempting to write a blog.  I have such diverse interests - thus, so many blog name possibilities.  I had started a blog last year on tumblr called "grosgrain & pearls" - homage to my love of grosgrain ribbon and pearls.  While I liked the name, I was really drawn to "the empty nest".  I felt that it would be reflective of where I am at in this stage of my life.  When I went to create my account, most variations of the empty nest had been taken, so I began to look at other possibilities.  When I think about my life, there are so many layers to it.  Many things have gone "right" and a lot of things have gone "wrong".  When things go wrong in my family, they tend to go really wrong at once and get ridiculously overwhelming.  One thing that gets me through these moments is gratitude for all that is right.  No matter what I am going through, I do know that I have so much to be grateful for.  My family is so important to me and I am forever grateful that I have them.  They make my heart happy.


While all of the above is true, "A Grateful Heart" just didn't "feel" like the right name for my blog.  I felt pressure to make a blog that was more intimate and meaningful...while, what I preferred to do was blog about things that might be less personal and more fun...crafts, shopping, cooking.  I realized I was avoiding posting if I didn't have something significant to contribute, which sort of defeated the purpose for having the blog in the first place.    As I've been on a quest to "embrace my inner Martha" for as long as I can remember and my love for Monograms knows no limit, I think this blog will be more fitting for me and allow me to take the pressure off and have fun with this.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS