Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's been a few weeks...

Having both of my kids on two different Spring Break schedules was a little frustrating since we never had a moment as a family, when we were all together.  That said, my son and I went down to visit my daughter in SC while he was on his break, so I did have a few days with both kids.  I don't know how much of a break it actually was for my son.  My daughter went to school in January without her car, so it seemed we were busy driving her places from the time we arrived - until the time we left.  We did enjoy a few relaxing dinners while we were there.  Columbia, SC has some great restaurants.  This trip, our favorites were Pearl's Oyster Bar and California Dreaming.  Pearl's has really great oysters on the half shell and pretty fabulous lobster rolls.  (I'm a tough critic when it comes to lobster rolls since I was born in Massachusetts, so you can trust me on this.)  California Dreaming's house salad is amazing...though I could have probably done myself a few favors by saying "no" to the honey croissants that accompany each salad.  The fact that we began our meal with an appetizer of croissants was probably not the best decision but they tasted incredible.

The ballerina's spring break was cut short from the beginning as she had a performance at the Columbia Museum of Art on the first Saturday of her break.  My son and I were able to attend the dress rehearsal the day before.  It was so great to see her dancing again.  It wasn't a ballet piece - it was a "swing piece" to complement the theme "From Geisha's to Gatsby".  The choreography was fast and fun.  They performed 3 times during the Gala and she said all three performances went really well with great energy from the dancer's as well as the crowd.

The dancer's all donned black bob wigs - I barely recognized her!
I think she misses the dogs when she is at school..more than anything.
Headed back to school in her new car ~ Happy Girl! 

We headed back to Virginia on Sunday - wishing we had brought the SC weather with us.  I think my daughter felt she got "the short end of the stick"...coming home to the freezing cold on "spring break" but she was so happy to spend a few days at home with her pets before having to go back to school.

I wish I had  gotten some pics of my son over the break.  He arrived home with a bad cold, so we spent the first half of his break, nursing him back to health before we headed south and we were so busy while we were in SC, I didn't think about it.  Thankfully, they'll both be back for a few weeks in May, before their busy summers begin.

How were your spring break's with your kids?  Busy (like ours) or relaxing...like most people we know?



2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS